One of the major consumers of energy on farms is the use of motors. Motors are used for irrigation purposes in pumps. They are also used to help in cleaning the barn, milking the cows, grinding feeds and powering the ventilation fans. In the State of California, 55% of farm motors are powered by petrol while the remaining 45% is powered by electricity. Taking steps to save energy on the farm due to energy consumption by motors will go a long way in conserving the environment.